Saturday 19 July 2014

Author Interview: M. H. Soars

M. H. Soars has written The Prophecy Of Arcadia.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Michelle and I'm from the United States.

2. Do you have a pen name?
Yes, M. H. Soars

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
The Prophecy of Arcadia and here is the hook: Would you sacrifice friendship and love in order to save your planet?

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I just finished writing the prequel of The Prophecy of Arcadia and I'm in the middle of editing right now. I'm also working on the sequel.

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I've always thought being a writer was a cool job to have but I didn't think I could be an author. I think I got inspired by the whole do-it-yourself indie movement. So yeah, all the pioneers of the movement inspired me.

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
I do send review copies to bloggers.

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I designed the cover. I wanted to use some cool picture of space and I think I managed that.

8. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
I just have one book published, so yeah, that's my favorite cover right now. 

9. Do you have a playlist in mind for any of your books?  
Yes, I do. You can check out the playlist for The Prophecy of Arcadia here: bit.ly/1tUI2Lo

10. Do you have a “Dreamcast” in mind for any of your books?
Well, I was inspired by two very famous male models when writing Matthew and Julian's description so I can't think of the ideal actors to play them. But for Ethan and Alexia, I would cast Douglas Booth and AnnaSophia Robb.


11. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Yes. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley and that's no small feat considering the book has almost 1000 pages. I've also read the entire Twilight Saga twice and Vampire Academy.

12. What is your opinion of novellas?
I love them.

13. Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
Yes, who hasn't?

14. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Yes.

15. What is your favourite film based on a book?
The entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The movies were way better than the books in my opinion.

16. What is your favourite book genre at the moment?
Anything YA.

17. Where can your readers follow you?


Twitter: @mhsoars





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment