Tuesday 19 June 2012

Author Interview: Kristina McBride

Kristina McBride has written One Moment and The Tension Of Opposites.

1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
My name is Kristina McBride and I live in Dayton, Ohio.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? 
My latest novel is called ONE MOMENT – When Maggie loses her boyfriend in a terrible accident, she struggles to remember the events that led to his death, as well as uncover the truth behind his many secrets. (I tried to keep it under 20!)

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
I am always planning my next book. And the book after that! I hope to write a series one of these days because I love the idea of getting to know a cast of characters over the course of several books.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing? 
I have been writing since I was a little child and my writing was nothing but scribbles on a page. As a child, I lived across the street from a library and loved going to walk through the rows of books. I think that early immersion in books was my main inspiration.

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book? 
The covers for both of my novels were created by cover designers at my publishing house. I especially love the simplicity of the cover for my latest book, ONE MOMENT.

6. How did you come up with the title for your book? 
When I start a book, I title the file the first thing I can think of, just to call it something. Surprisingly, my agent and editor liked the titles of the first two books enough that they stuck!

7. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it? 
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee is one of my favorite books. I’ve read it so many times, I’ve lost count.

8. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover? 
Definitely! So may times I can’t even begin to list the titles here. A catchy cover is one of the big things that sells me on a book.

9. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing? 
The best thing I can tell a fellow writer is to never give up. You never know how close you are to reaching your dream, so keep going and going and going. Reaching publication is a difficult process and it comes with a ton of rejection, so make a plan to help yourself through the difficult times (my best way through is to eat a ton of chocolate). Two very good books to advise writers through the tough times are SEVEN STEPS ON THE WRITER’S PATH by Lynn Lott and Nancy Pickard, and BIRD BY BIRD by Anne Lamott.

Links to the above books:



10. Where can your readers follow you?





Twitter: @mcbridekristina

Amazon:




Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment