Sunday 5 February 2012

Author Interview: Kristine Cayne



Kristine Cayne has written Deadly Obsession.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Hello everyone!  Thank you for having me on Rai29BookReadNReview. My name is Kristine Cayne
I’m originally from Montréal, but I now live in the U.S. Pacific-Northwest.


2. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Deadly Obsession is the first in my Deadly Vices series. It’s currently planned to have five books in all. Here they are in order: Deadly Obsession, Deadly Addiction, Deadly Betrayal, Deadly Deception, and Deadly Negligence (title is tentative).


This image was my inspiration for Rémi Whitedeer, the hero of Deadly Addiction.

3. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes, as part of the Bewitching Book Tour, bloggers are provided a free copy. I’ve also offered some free copies to readers on Goodreads.

4. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The book cover was designed by the wonderful Scarlett Rugers www.scarlettrugers.com. I provided Scarlett with some general guidelines of what I’d like to see on the cover. She suggested three concepts and I picked this one. I could have gone with the more “traditional” romance cover—we all love a half-naked sexy man after all!—but I wanted to emphasize the suspense aspects of the book as well. I think Scarlett came up with a good compromise.

5. How did you come up with the title for your book?
The titles are based on the central theme of each book. In Deadly Obsession, every major character in the book is obsessed with something or someone. Looking at this photo of Nic Lamoureux, I can understand how he could become someone’s Deadly Obsession. 

In Deadly Addiction, many of the characters have an addiction of some sort. Each of the main characters in the third book in the series, Deadly Betrayal, has been, or will be, betrayed in a way that changes his or her life.


6. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I’ve only reread a handful of books. The one that stands out the most is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Sigh. I. Love. Jamie Fraser. Two other books of note are: Cherry Adair’s Kiss and Tell, and Lisa Kleypas’s Suddenly You. That being said, I’d love to reread the entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series before Lover Reborn is released, but I have to get my own writing done too 

7. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
Certainly. Unless someone whose opinion you value has referred the book to you by, your first contact with it will be via its cover. If the cover does not draw the eye, you will skip it in favor of the next book in the list.

8. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m currently reading Fake Kate, a fabulous novel by UK author David Wailing in ebook format.

9. Where can your readers follow you?

I love chatting with readers! Feel free to friend/fan/follow me:

My New Releases mailing list: http://site.kristinecayne.com/Newsletter.html

Deadly Obsession is available at the following online retailers:


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel - Thank you for hosting me on your blog and giving me the chance to talk with your readers about Deadly Obsession.!

    ReplyDelete